Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Opening Day

Well here I sit, the day after the Mets season opener, thinking to myself "Why the hell did I think they opened on Tuesday?!" I missed the opener, I missed the first appearance of Johan in a real game, I missed a 7-2 win over the Marlin, and some amazing offense by Wright, Beltran and Reyes. I missed all of it! But tonight is Pedro's season debut and that will make up for everything. I can't wait! That's why baseball is my favorite sport, it's on almost every single day. You miss one game in less than 24 hours you have another to watch. While I will never be able to recapture what yesterday's game would have felt like watching it live, I still am excited by the outcome. Let's hope the momentum keeps on and the Mets have a great April to lead them in to the summer!

No comments: